[video] The wonders of Bagan
Hopping on my bicycle, I started to realise the greatness of Bagan after only a few minutes. Everywhere, absolutely everywhere, in every field, on every road and durst track, temples – monasteries – pagodas – stupas were emerging from the ground.
2200 to be precise!
2200 hundred Buddhist buildings remain from the original 10 000 built 8 centuries ago. I can’t even imagine how it must have been back then!!
I could never get tired of that much beauty!!
Well… actually I did get tired… but of cycling on the sand in the heat of the day!! Whatever!! I did it again and again every single day I was there, and it was so worth it. For the beauty of the site, and the beauty of the people living there. Once again, I’ve never seen so many smiles and kindness! I got invited for food and tea into houses, I got flowers from kids, cute old man and his family staying with me for hours watching the sunset, and most of all I got so many smiles I will never forget!
I’m definitely gonna get rinkles in this country!!! Smiling again and again! And not smiling politely!! But truly, honestly, happilly!!
That’s what I’d like to share with you, even if obviously the video can never quite show what it really was, it’s a good insight into the wonders of Bagan and the beauty of its inhabitants!
- Getting around Yangon using public buses
- [video] Bagan by night
- [video] The CouchSurfing contest: Get Inspired!!
- Changing money in Myanmar/Burma
- Trekking on your own in the east side of Inle Lake
- A great travel agency in Nyaungshwe (Inle Lake)
- Cycling on the west side of Inle Lake
- A day floating on the beautiful Inle Lake
- Walking around Mandalay city and Mandalay Hill
- The best way to go around Mandalay area: rent a motorbike!